Crepes are one the my family favorite.
This time I wanted to try a gluten free version and it was a success,my hubby did not notice the difference.
This crepes recipe is very versatile, it can be used for lasagna,cannelloni or like I did today just for breakfast with some Nutella and jam.
- 300 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 100 grams corn starch
- a sprinkle of love
- To make good crepes you will need the right tools.If you don’t have the crepes pan its ok,you just need a small fry pan not bigger then 8 inch other wise it will be difficult to flip them.Make sure that your pan is nonstick and while you are making the crepes it need to be greased. Also make sure to have a soup spoon and always put the same amount of batter in it.
- Mix the eggs with the whisk
- Add the corn starch and the salt and mix very well
- Slowly add half of the milk and mix very well
- Add the rest of the milk
- Let it rest for 15 minutes
- Grease your pan with a little bit of oil or butter, be careful to do not use too much oil or butter otherwise the crepes will be too greasy.
- Usually what I do put a small piece of butter or a teaspoon of oil in the pan and with the paper towel I spread it out.
- when the pan is warm pour 1 spoon of batter in and try to move the pan a little so the crepes will be nice and round.
- when the crepes start to come off of the board is ready to be flip,
- the other side will take just a minute to cook,remember to grease the pan after 5 crepes.
- I served mine with Nutella and jam you can also add fresh fruit,whipping cream whatever you like.
- Buon appetito
Reblogged this on bcfoodieblogger and commented:
For our gluten free friends! Thanks to Bella ibo72 for posting
your welcome have a lovely weekend