Nonna Adelina Coffee and Cookies Cake
About this Recipe
This delicious recipe belongs to my mother in law’s mom, Adelina. Nonna Adelina was a wonderful simple woman that used to work hard for the family and used to make everything to make her grandkids happy. This was her grandkids favorite cake. They told me that back then she used to walk 6 km to get to the dairy to buy the main ingredients for the dessert; whipping and milk. Unfortunately I never met her but with this recipe I feel like I know her and she is part of my life now.
My mother in law taught me how to make this cake when she got sick, she wanted to be sure that after she passed the tradition and the memories about her mom was still going. This was my son favorite dessert; now that his nonna passed he doesn’t eat it anymore. Everyone love this cake, is a cheaper version of Tiramisu’.
- Ingredients for a 10 inch pan:
500 ml whipping cream
3 tbsp of sugar
Half cup of espresso with a splash of liquor or 1 cup of milk with 2 tbsp Nesquik
200 g Social Tea cookies or dry Cookies, or Savoiardi
Few tablespoon Nutella, optional
Handful of shredded Chocolate, optional
Sprinkle of love
- Whip the whipping cream with the sugar.
- Warm up the milk and add the Nesquik , mix.
- Spread a layer of whipping cream whipped over your pan.
- Sprinkle some shredded chocolate and a tsp of Nutella.(I warm up the Nutella for a minute just simply put it close to the stove so it’s easy to spread)
- Dip the cookies in the milk and put them in the pan, on top of the whipping cream.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of Nutella over the cookies.
- Cover with another layer of whipping cream.
- Sprinkle more Nutella and shredded Chocolate
- Make 2 or 3 layers. Refrigerate for few hours before to serve.
Mamma Marzia’s Tip: The Nutella and the shredded chocolate are option. Sometime instead of shredded chocolate I use crushed pistachio