Nutella flower bread
About this Recipe
It’s not a secret that my family loves Nutella and if I want to make them all happy with this dessert it’s very easy. I highly suggest you to try to make it with your family so you can create some special memories in the kitchen. This dessert is very delicious but also very beautiful, so you can make spectacular memories. The combination of Nutella, butter, bread and love will bring you to Heaven.
To make the dough this time I used the Standard mix but I usually mix by hand, it’s not difficult at all. Let me know if you liked this recipe.
- 500 g flour/4 cups
- 50 grams sugar/ ¼ cup
- 150 ml milk
- 6 g active dry yeast/ 2 and half tsp
- 2 eggs
- 80 grams butter room temperature/ 5 tbsp
- A pinch of salt
- A sprinkle of love
- Icing sugar optional
For the chocolate spread
- 300 g Nutella or any other, you can also use jam or Pistacchio
For the glaze on top:
- 1egg yolk slightly beaten or 3 tablespoon of milk
- Dissolve the yeast in tepid milk (milk temperature is 30 C / 86 F). Let it rest for few minutes.
- In a bowl put the flour and the sugar, mix and make a well/volcano.
- Pour the milk in the well and the 2 eggs slightly beaten. Mix with your hands or with a Mixer (I used the paddle for few minutes).
- Add the butter and the salt and mix again, you will need to knead for 10 minutes until the dough is smooth. (After I added the butter I changed the attachment to the hook)
- The dough now is ready to rest for few hours but, before that you need to make a cross with a knife and tell him/her that you love him/her. Cover it with cling wrap and put it in a warm place covered with also a cloth. My Nonna used to put it under the bed.
- After 2 hours divide the dough in 4 equal pieces, grab a rolling pin, parchment paper, baking pan and the amazing Nutella. It’s time to roll the dough but don’t worry, it’s going to be easy.
- Roll out each part into a ball and roll out each ball into a circle approximately 10-12 inch wide. Place the first one on baking sheets covered with parchment paper and spread the first layer of Nutella leaving out about 1 inch gap along the edges.
- Cover the first circle with a second one that you rolled. Spread more Nutella and cover with third circle. Repeat until the all the four circles are used, do not spread Nutella one the top most layer.
- Put a small glass in the middle of your cake (my glass was 2 and half inch wide) this will help you not cut all the way through.
- Using a sharp knife cut the cake in quarter, cut every slice in half until you have 16 slices total.
- Now twist twice every slice and give a nice pinch at the outside end.
- Let it rest for 1 hour and while the cake is resting turn the oven on at 350. Before you bake the cake brush it with egg wash or milk. Bake it for 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar if you like and don’t forget to add the sprinkle of love.
- Buon Appetito
- Mamma Marzia’Tip: If you are rolling the dough and it doesn’t come out perfectly round don’t worry, you can fix everything with a pasta cutter when you are done cutting out the excess to make a perfect round shape at the end50 grams of butter with half of the sugar.